Friday, May 16, 2008

Today is a new day...

And I'm not holding out much hope for A's behavior. Yesterday proved to be even worse than the day before for her. D and I had to go down at lunch to have a talk with her - and D had to administer another spanking - she was being so wretched.

Now, in her defense, all of the kids in her three-year old pre-school class have apparently been little stinkers - and I think when they get together they feed off of each other and their behavior worsens. But, that doesn't excuse A doing what she knows is wrong (i.e. screaming at her teachers, bossing around the student teachers, fighting with her friends, hitting her friends, etc...) I know A does more than her fair share of instigating ... my ever independent little girl.

She professed in the car yesterday afternoon and again this morning that she was 'going to be a good girl, listen to my teachers, not yell at my teachers, clean up at circle time, take a nap, not hit my friends...' and the list goes on.

But she still seems a bit off today - so we'll see. D is supposed to call the Center around lunchtime to check in and see how she's doing. Perhaps she will surprise us all - but I'm not holding my breath.

I wish someone could tell me how to parent her - how to guide her - how to help her communicate with others and be the sweetheart I know she is.

I wish I could talk to my mom.

No comments: