Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Happy Birthday To Me

Today is the day I turn 34 - yikes - I can't believe I'm sharing how old I am! For the first 32 years of my life - I was awakened by my mom (either in person or via telephone - even when I lived in Scotland) - who told me the story of when I was born.

"I went to the hospital to have you - and when you were born, you didn't cry - you just looked around the room with big big eyes - taking it all in. I was so suprised you were a girl, I kept telling the doctor "he's a she?!? he's a she?!?" When they wheeled me out to the recovery room, they taped a little pink bow on your head - and when I showed you to your daddy, he was so proud. Later I was in the ward with 5 other women, and when the nurse came in holding you - I recognized your big bright eyes immediately - and said 'that one's mine!'

I miss that story mommy - but I do cherish it - and have it memorized - and this morning, shared it with little A who was jumping up and down with excitement for my birthday today.

So far I have had an enjoyable morning - an hour long hot stone massage at Urban Nirvana (compliments of Uncle S and Aunt L), a latte at Star.bucks, and a manicure/pedicure at the local salon.

Not bad for the first morning of my 34th year.

I can't wait for this afternoon to see the 'big card' that A made for me (D was trying to keep it a secret - but A spilled the beans this morning - she can't quite graps the concept of secrets yet!)

Stay tuned for more birthday shenanigans....

No comments: