Friday, May 23, 2008

The rest of the birthday...

Proved to be a good one. D brought a yummy dinner home from Zoe's kitchen, flowers, and a birthday cake with 'Happy Birthday Mommy' written in big fat purple icing. J dug his cake (literally) and had it all over himself. A chose to timidly lick some purple roses, then profess she was finished.


D got me a really cool digital picture frame that I've been salivating over - so I can actually see some of the cute pictures we've been taking with our new spiffy camera.

The best gift, though, came from my mom. I had no idea she was able to write - tucked into my birthday card from mom and D was a hand-written note saying 'I love and miss you Kristen, Love Mo-----' The last few letters sort of trailed off, and the writing was very squiggly from the tremors in her left hand - but when I saw it - I was speechless and tears came to my eyes.

A and I are flying out in July to help mom celebrate her birthday - I can't wait to see her.

It truly was a happy birthday.

No comments: