Thursday, August 14, 2008

We've Arrived

We're here. We're settled in our beautiful condo. We spent the morning at the beach - chasing J down the island, digging big holes of sand to make big sand piles to crush, and watching A run and jump waves in the surf.

The weather is beautiful - warm and sunny - we couldn't ask for anything better.

(Stay tuned - pictures to come soon.)

We just finished lunch, and the kids are tucked into their respective beds for a nap (hopefully for at least an hour or two...) and I may sneak out to try and do some shopping at the nearby Lilly Pulitzer store (maybe...)

So why does it feel like something is missing? Why is it that the happy times are always somehow tainted? I suppose it might be seeing the families along-side us at the beach - complete with grandmothers and grandfathers.

I love spending time with my little family. But. There's always a but isn't there. I miss my mom. I miss my dad.

No comments: