Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I love my child, I love my child, I love my child...

Repeat several hundred times.

Pause and breathe.

Repeat several hundred times more.

Then regroup, try to focus, and try yet again to communicate with said female child.

I know she's stubborn. I know she gets completely absorbed in whatever she's doing at that particular moment in time. I know she's hard headed.

What I CANNOT stand is talking to her, seeing her eyes wander off, asking her what I JUST said, only to hear 'I don't know mommy.' It is infuriating.

It gets even better when she gets mad about something, starts screaming bloody murder, and I can't get her to calm down to even LISTEN to reason.

I find myself losing my temper. Getting very angry with her. Wishing I could stop the screaming - get her to reason - reminding myself that reason and accountability don't exist in the world of A.

Everyone told me 'threes are the new twos - but once your kid reaches four it's like an epiphany and they become lovely.'

If that's the case, September 21 should be the magical day.

I'm not holding my breath.

No comments: