Monday, August 11, 2008

Tomorrow is another day ... and I'm dreading it...

Tomorrow is three years...

... since we were forced to make the decision that August 12 would be my father's day to die and remove his life support.

... since I held my father's hand, kissed his forehead, told him I loved him, and then walked away - forever.

... since I watched my father's heartbeat slow and then stop from the monitors in the nurses station.

I erroneously thought this day would get easier with the passage of time. But it isn't. I relive this nightmare every year - starting on August 8.

I want one more day. I want to feel my daddy's arms around me in his all encompassing bear hug just one more time. I want to see him holding my son. I want to see him laugh with my daughter. I want my daddy.

No comments: