Wednesday, July 23, 2008

More Ways to Waste Time

So I've discovered the world of face.book. Last night I created an account and logged on and was able to find all sorts of people who were important to me at one point in life or another.

In order to contact them and be able to see their profiles/have them see yours, you have to have the website send notification to the other party, asking them to "be your friend."

So I've tracked down people that I was friends with in high school and college - and am anxiously awaiting to see if they will "be my friend." (Because my work has smartly blocked access to such time-wastage websites as facebook and I have to wait until I get home to log in again.)

I know I'm a grown woman - I'm a mother of two, a home owner, have a decent job, have lived abroad by myself - but why does the thought of asking a long lost friend from high school make me feel like I'm in high school all over again?

Sigh

No comments: