Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Movin' on Up....

So the discussion continues between D and I - should we or should we not move to Seattle. What precipitated the conversation coming up again this time? The ongoing stress and guilt of being 3,000 miles away from my mom who is struggling for her life and fighting with everything she has to regain some semblance of her life.

I laid it on the line again for D, gave him all the reasons why we should move - not only because of my mom and her health issues - but also for better schools for the kids, better climate (for me), way better job opportunities for D (and getting him out of the job he isn't too thrilled about.) I told him that we keep debating and analyzing this to death - and its ridiculous. If we're going to do it - we need to just do it.

Yes, it will be a pain to pack everything we own and move it across the country. Yes, it will be a pain to list and sell our house. Yes, it will be a pain to completely disrupt our lives and start anew.

Worth it? Yes. Are we ready for it? I hope so.

I need to be there. I need to be away from here. I need to be with my children (which moving would basically allow me to do - it would take some time for me to establish a job and childcare that I trust). I need to be closer to my family.

What about D's needs? I think he needs to get out of here too - only he can't see it yet. I wonder if the only way he'll be convinced is to just do it.

We'll see - the conversation is out there again - I've started looking for homes and communities again - D is looking at firms out there again - time to get the ball rolling.....

No comments: