Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Mermaids Don't Wear Clothes??

As a working mom - I dread seeing the Children's Center number pop up on the caller-id on my phone. It's usually either someone fell down and is bleeding, has been bitten, thrown up, or done something terribly wrong.

I answered the phone Friday morning to Ms. N - one of A's teachers - and could tell from the hesitation in her voice that something had happened - that A had to tell me about. Now, A has been having a hard time at school lately - mostly being a cantankerous three year old - so I could only imagine what she had done or what she had said. She gets on the phone to tell me that she is in big trouble. Apparently during Friday morning water play (when the kiddies get to run around in their bathing suits and get wet in a variety of sprinklers) she and four of her friends decided to play mermaid. Apparently these mermaids do not wear clothes. So she and all of her friends stripped themselves of their wet bathing suits, and danced around in a little circle, sort of hiding themselves from their teachers underneath the big playground set.

Not so well hidden though - one teacher described it that she looked over to the playground and saw a row of five naked behinds.

Lovely.

At the age of three she's already an exhibitionist....

We explained to her that it is NOT okay to take your clothes off - only when you are taking a bath. Got it?!? Yes mommy.

We'll see. I'm still holding my breath every time my phone rings....

No comments: