Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Being Thankful

I've only recently started 'blogging' but have been reading blogs for years. I've followed people's lives, laughed with them, cried with them, mourned with them - all from backstage - never 'coming out' to share with them how happy I was for their joyous news nor how my heart ached for them for their sad and sometimes devastating news.

Recently, one of the blogs I read followed on the heels of another blog - if you can follow that chain - and the post was sort of a wake-up call for me. Msfitzita talks about how she is trying to focus on the good things in her life despite the enormous amount of crap she's had to endure. (and I do mean ENORMOUS)

It started me thinking about how I need to employ that philosophy in my own life.

Yes, I've had a lot of junk come down the pipeline - more than anyone could have ever anticipated - but I do have a lot to be thankful for.

My father did get to see his granddaughter, albeit one single solitary time.

My grandmother did get to see her great-granddaughter, (despite living on opposite ends of the country). I was fortunate enough to be able to tell her in person when we were first expecting that if we had a little girl, we were going to name her after her own daughter, my mom, and blessed to be able to introduce them to eachother when A was 5 months old.

My mother got to know her granddaughter (and namesake) for 2 1/2 years, and in that time, during all of the visits across the country to see each other, established a bond that little A knows is there.

My mother got to hold her newborn grandson moments after his birth.

I have love and support from my husband.

I have two beautiful loving children.

No comments: