Monday, September 22, 2008

Four

Four years ago today, I was waiting waiting waiting for sweet A to arrive. We didn't know if she was a boy or a girl - but I suspected girl. We didn't know labor would continue all - day - long and into the night. Then, gloriously, she was here. Our sweet bundle of pink joy.

A - you are a precocious little girl, with the vocabulary of one twice your age. You are headstrong (that sometimes makes my head spin) and witty and funny and smart. You test your boundaries daily (that also makes my head spin) but follow it up with the sweetest hugs and kisses.


I didn't know how much I could love another - until the day you were placed in my arms. I didn't understand how much my mother loved me - until the day you were placed in my arms. You are the light of my life, the joy of my heart, the smile on my face, and sometimes, the tears in my eyes. You are the unending joy of your little brother's life - he wants to just want you do - and it is lovely seeing you be a doting sister to him.


It is truly bittersweet to see you grow up into the little girl you are - but I wouldn't change it for the world.


Thank you for being my sweet little A. I love you.
Happy Birthday!

No comments: